It’s been awhile since I posted but I wanted to just give a quick review of some products I recently purchased at my favorite store, of course, Sephora! I don’t know what it is about makeup and skin care products that make my heart skip a beat. It’s like candy to a kid but … BETTER! Anyways, after almost an hour of browsing and then narrowing down which products would come home with me, these are the chosen ones.
- Julep Matte Nail Polish in Amber.
Since I have not been getting my nails done as much as I did in my past, I have recently found a new love for shopping for nail polishes. I didn’t think I’d like it, but actually doing my own manicures has become fun to me and I’m getting better at it! I chose this color because I wanted to try something different as far as texture. I think it looks really modern and cool as a matte finish and this shade is nice for fall. The only downside is if I put a top coat over then the “matte” look turns to a glossy finish which defeats the purpose. If any of you know any top coats for matte nails I’d love to know. My nails chip really fast with this but that’s probably due to lack of a top coat. Still, I would purchase again.
- Sephora by OPI Nail Embellishment Stickers. These are just little stickers you put over your polish but under your top coat. They were cheap ($5.00) and they add a lil something extra to your nails!
- Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation. My shade was Honey. I just purchased this product out of curiosity and I do think it is a good foundation, however its just not for me. It doesn’t have great coverage just okay and feels too liquidy for me. I gave it to my mom. For now, I am going to stick with the NAKED from UD.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Anime.
You know those dozens of fun size products Sephora likes to stick in your face as you are waiting in line to pay? THIS was one of the products that happened to catch my eye right when I was about to pay. I couldn’t resist so I took one and I am so glad I did. It’s basically lip color in a tube with a tiny lip brush for the application. The shade I got is a very bright pink something that you would imagine an anime character in! I really am obsessed with it. It does stay on for a long time the only thing I don’t like is it can dry your lips out. Make sure to put on balm always before. It’s also very messy if you are not careful. All you need is a tiny squeeze and that will go a long way, trust me!
- Benefit What’s Up Highlighter.
I’m still on the fence about this product. I like the packaging it comes in, with a blending sponge on the opposite end of the highlighter. Its creamy and goes on easy. I think it may be the color that’s too bright. It makes me look too shiny as opposed to the glowy look I was searching for. It’s good to use on or above brow bone but that’s really it. I will continue to use the Anastasia pencil highlighter on my nose and to contour my face. Its cheaper and I think it works better, but depends on the look you want to achieve. Benefit does have a fabulous reputation for the best highlighters so next time I may try a different one from them!
- VIB (Very Important Beauty Insider) card. Last, but certainly not least, this purchase got me to the premier level of the Sephora Beauty Insiders. One of the perks of this was that you get a free makeup application. I took advantage of this fast for an event I had the following night (a review on that will also come soon). We went for a fall look. My lids were green with gold glitter. Kept my face and cheeks simple with a slight bronzed, golden look, and a crimson red/maroonish lip. I was very happy with the outcome and want to purchase some of the products the makeup artist used for my application.
For more information on the VIB go here >> http://www.sephora.com/contentStore/mediaContentTemplate.jsp?mediaId=11700041 and as always, if you have used any of the products or even if you have any you’d like me to review, please feel free to leave a comment. Peace.LOVE.Beauty.