If you don’t know who Lulu Guinness is, think of her work as somewhere along the lines of a funky Betsey Johnson but more retro and feminine. I first discovered her designs about a year ago, when I featured one of her infamous Lips bags on my Valentines post here. I’ve honestly never been that girl to spend even a few hundreds dollars on a bag. When I saw her new line at JC Penny I was pleased to see that though it was more affordable, the line still felt like a regular LuLu Guinness bag. There are a few really chic cross body bags I saw for about $50. The mint is my favorite color but you can also never go wrong with a black or nude as they go with everything. There was also a cute ice cream tote that is nice for everyone who is returning to school this semester. It was almost a clear bag and very sturdy so holding all of your textbooks won’t snap the straps off. Those cost about $80. The rest of the handbags looked the same with the only difference being the styles of the bag, like satchels, hobo’s etc.. I really cant wait to get my hands on one but in the meantime you guys should check them out for yourself.
1. Many of you recognize Cassey Ho from Blogilates. Though I’ve practiced Pilates for years, 2013 introduced me to this amazing online community of Pilates enthusiasts created by Cassey. I was instantly a fan of her fun workouts, especially for times where I want to get a quick workout in at home. Short, but fierce, she separates her workouts from the plethora of YouTube fitness accounts online. She is an amazing inspiration and her success is well deserved. I can’t wait to see what 2014 has in store for her!
2. 2013 was a great year for Britney Spears, announcing her new Las Vegas residency at the Planet Hollywood hotel. She also released a new album and the first single “Work Bitch” was an instant hit. I always want to go to Vegas and with Britney there I’m dreaming of how much fun an all girls trip would be this summer!
3. HBO has been the reason behind countless nights spent on the couch wondering why my life was not as interesting. Girls was no exception. Directed by Judd Apatow, I was immediately attracted to the thought of this show. Now it’s Lena Dunham, who writes and stars in the series, that I’m absolutely inspired by. She’s so young and so brilliant. I read an article James Franco wrote in the Huffington Post about Dubham not representing the New York community correctly when referring to the wide range of cultures in that city. I’ve never been to New York so that thought never really crossed my mind. I would like to see more cultures integrated into the show, for example a Latina character would give me something to relate to. Still, it’s only the third season and a whole ocean of possibilities lie ahead. In the meantime I enjoy this as one of my new favorite shows on tv right now. The season premiers this month and I can’t wait!
4. It wasn’t until the very end of 2013 when Beyonce released a surprise visual album and finally I heard people talking about someone other than Miley Cyrus. Don’t get me wrong, I liked Miley’s album, but I grew up on Destiny’s Child. Beyonce really is Queen B in my book and this visual album just solidified her status. Music videos slowly turned into a thing of the past thanks to MTV airing dumb shows like 16 and Pregnant. I thought doing this album was so innovative and it really set Beyonce apart from all the other female artists out there. I don’t know how many times I’ve watched the above music video but I can’t help it. I can’t wait to see more Beyonce this year!
So here’s something else that I came across that I thought was pretty cool! This is called the Beauty Station from a cute Etsy store I stumbled upon last time I was surfing the website. The San Francisco based store is called iSkelter and they have a bunch of similar products focused on displaying iPhones and iPads. The concept was like a pause in a moment of silence for me because if there are two things that I’m obsessed with, its my ipad and my makeup. Music is a part of my getting ready ritual and my iPad is always in the restroom with me as I get ready.
Description from the store: “The Beauty Station is a complete makeup organizer, display center, and universal docking station for iPhone, iPad & most phones & tablets. The open and modern design provides display and viewing space for over 20 to 30 makeup products, including the hand mirror and multiple mobile devices. The Beauty Station is chiseled and handcrafted from natural, eco friendly bamboo. The product’s smooth surface is glazed with a protective, stain-resistant sealant.”
The only thing I don’t love is that its kind of small and its runs $79.99 a piece. So for $20 more you could just get an Original Beauty Box which offers more space for your makeup storage but obviously won’t display your tech’s.
The Beauty Station $79.99
The Original Beauty Box $99.99
Why I love it?
Its a fresh take on a popular product that beauty lovers flock to! I wouldn’t mind either one of these but I think both are too pricey to put on a wish list. This would be more like a gift to myself and a great way to start one of my new year’s resolutions to be more organized.
Now I wanna know…
So today is the day Urban Decay released their Naked3 Palette of rose colored neutral eyeshadows. For now they’re only on sale at urbandecay.com with no word yet when they will be available at Sephora. Personally, don’t know if I will be purchasing the palette though I adore my Naked2. The 12 shades are again, completely new shades with a mix of both shimmer and matte colors. Price will run the same as the previous palettes at $49.
October has come and gone and you can almost feel the new year quickly approaching. I’ve always looked forward to October’s. It not only signifies my birthday and another year of age but the change in seasons brings new feelings of excitement, sometimes nervousness. New goals, new chances, and new beginnings. I uploaded a few gifts I got from Sephora. It was so cute of my co-workers because they know how utterly obsessed I am with that store. I chose to spend my $50 gift card on a new palette by Too Faced called A Few of My Favorite Things.
Okay ,first of all, the bag that it comes in was enough to sell me, but when you open the booklet and see all the gorgeous eyeshadows opposite side Too Faced’s infamous and deliciously smelling bronzers and blushes, how could you not get this?
I thought for the price ($56) this was am amazing deal because it also came with a mini of their new mascara, Better Than Sex, and a Lip Injection in Bee Sting, a pretty nude color.
These shadows are all perfect for the upcoming winter parties and the bronzers will keep your face looking sculpted even if you pack on a few extra pinds in the upcoming cooler months. Love, love, love this, perfect gift idea.
You know, if I have nothing else to do, I can spend hours at Target. When I first picked these up I thought they were facial cleansing wipes. After reading the packaging I was intrigued to learn about this new product from Pacifica. Apparently the idea isn’t all that new with Elf carrying their own version of the product. I love wipes. When I think about it I have all kinds of wipes from Clorox, to Summer’s Eve, to the makeup removing ones, so it just made sense that I give these a try.
- Quick & easy application.
- Perfect for when you’re rushing.
- Smell good. Really good.
- 100 % Vegan
- Compared to a bottle of lotion, a tad pricey ($7.00 for a pack of 30)